mrs trout Said,
October 29th, 2009 @5:57 am  

i was hurt by a tractor driver who refused to give insurace deatails is this illigal?

OnesPost Said,
October 29th, 2009 @8:15 am  

The first thing you should always do in an accident is take down the license plate number, the automobile make, and color. You should also get a good description of what the driver looks like. Make sure you have the road where the accident occurred as well for your police report.

The police should be able to find out who was driving and pursue further investigation. In most states the driver involved in an automobile accident by law is required to exchange insurance information. Give what you have on file to your insurance agent and let them take the claim over. They will be able to tell you the process and what steps are to be taken next.

Some states may have different laws when it comes to giving out insurance information. Call your insurance company and ask them about this, and find out what they recommend as the next steps you should take.

I will also say that if the driver left without giving you any information, or didn’t wait for the police to arrive, the driver could be prosecuted depending on the state in which you live. It is called “Fleeing the scene of an accident”. The driver could be charged with “Hit & Run”. Again each state has different laws for these kinds of things. I would recommend checking with your local police department, and contacting your insurance company immediately.

If you have any more questions, or concerns please let us know.

Rishard woodley Said,
April 13th, 2016 @5:03 pm  

Can the passenger get in trouble even know he are she didn’t know they gave false information.

Random Post

Leave Your Comments Below


Please Note: All comments will be hand modified by one of our team members. Any unsuitable comments will be removed. Your comments will appear shortly after a team member approves it. Thank you for your patience.